Online Marketing - OnToplist.com

Friday, November 26, 2010

AARUGHA or OOH-RAH ! Marines Spirited War Cry

The OOH-RAH , the spirited USA Marine war cry is used as a sign of enthusiasm and uplifting one self.

The origins, I read , come from the World War Two submarine diving Klaxon which made the sound AARUGHA just before if dove under the sea.

I have heard this OOH-RAH many times from one of my students who was once a marine. While attending my class,and after hearing me lecture, tell a story,or say something up lifting , the student would often say OOH-RAH in a low tone, as if to some be in agreemeant with what I said , or something like that. I guess the student felt inspired or moved.

Any way, for some reason, the student stopped coming to the class, and did not bother to let me know. I called the student ,but my call was not returned. I could not stop thinking why, after all the OOH-RAHS that I had heard from the student, I felt something was not right, so I called again , this time I succeeded.
I asked what was going on? Is something wrong?The student told me that there was not anything wrong and just wanted to take sometime off. I said O.K, but still I felt a little HOT and COLD about his attitude.
I have been teaching 17 years and when a student quits, they do not return.

Just with all the OOH-RAHing, and everything, I felt it to be very shallow in the end not to have enough OOH-RAH to let me know face to face that you were not going to be around OOH-RAHing for a while.
So what did all of the OOH-RAHing mean? If you really felt the way I do, and you agree with what I was saying, then why can't you apply the things I taught you that you OOH-RAHed about?
Do not talk the talk if you can not walk the walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment