Online Marketing - OnToplist.com

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

UFC and Mixed Martial Arts

I often get phone calls from people who have watched the MMA or UFC fights and they ask me if I teach that kind of stuff. I tell them no. But, actually I do teach a lot of hand to hand combat. A whole lot more than what they are going to find in a club that teaches that kind of stuff.




Like what kind of stuff are they learning? Well wrestling each other on the ground, how to box and some kicking. I am sure they train with weights and aerobic work outs etc..



Here at the Live Oak Dojo, I teach not only skills for the ring but skills that you need to have for every kind of situation. Also , every thing is not about fighting. If you only train your physical abilities, then what happens to you when you get old and do not have that physical strength? What then?



One of the best reasons for studying martial arts is that it is a discipline that makes you a better human. Self discipline of the highest level. I do not think training oneself to get into a ring or cage to win the fight has anything to do with making oneself a better human being. I think it steps backwards into being barbaric and uncivil.

The Martial Arts provide you the discipline to rise above the petty self and lets you be self less.

I do not like having to inflict pain and injury on someone in order to get respect and a sense of worthwhile self accomplishment.

The martial artist is a humble man whose fine manners and courtesy give him great dignity. This kind of skill unattainable in the mixed martial arts.

I think it is very misleading for them to be calling themselves martial artist.



Now days you can see men sporting shirts with MMA or UFC, but the worst one is definitely the Tap Out shirts.

The tap out was not used to give up a fight it was used in class to let your partner know that his technique was effective. As soon as you slapped the side of your own leg, he would let go. Now days this kind courtesy of respect and teaching tool has been lowered down to tap out or I will not let go! What a shameful way to behave to each other.



I have been studying martial arts for 28 years and I am still dedicated to making myself a better human being. Every time I step into my Dojo I am hoping to improve something about me or to one of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment