Online Marketing - OnToplist.com

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mars the Roman God of War and MMA

Mars, the Roman God of war ,(fourth planet from the sun),shines with the color red resembling blood, very appropriate for the God of war.
He is characterized as a god who took savage delight in slaughter, and the hordes of slain upon the battlefield with fierce joy.
The word martial , pertaining to war came from Mars ,the god of war. A whole month of worship was given to him, the month of march, also coming from the word Mars.

My teacher , Sato Kimbei Sensei, once was asked by a news reporter what was martial arts for and what did he teach his students, he replied, ''殺し合い''! (Koroshi Ai )Skills to kill each other. I am sure the news reporter felt like he should have been given some long worded talk about the Martial Arts. Bye the way, they are not called martial arts in Japan, they are called Bujutsu 武術or HeiHo兵法. Bu, stopping spears, Jutsu, techniques. Hei , soldier, Ho, methods.
We learned many pertinent things that pertain to warfare, e.g., how to use a sword, how to use a staff, how to engage wearing armour, armoured fighting techniques etc.,I never felt I was studying a sport, I felt like I was training in the same spirit as a Bushi or a Samurai.
I do not go around calling myself a MMA fighter , because I am not. I have studied Chinese and Japanese martial arts but I do not appear in the UFC fighting tournaments. If someone wants to do that ,that is their choice and I do not care.
What I do care about is, that most people's assumption is that because they have studied Judo and Karate, Aikido, through in some boxing and wrestling then they are a martial artist. The word martial artist is more than what they represent. Martial arts is a western word, meaning war arts. If you are not studying war arts then that title should be for people who are and who have.
Maybe then Mixed War Arts Fighter?Mixed barehand skill fighrters?Prize Fighters Association?
MMWA, MBSF,PFA What is next, Mixed Samurai Artist? MSA

No comments:

Post a Comment