Online Marketing - OnToplist.com

Monday, April 12, 2010

Every thing is Kata 形

 When I begain learning Taichi, my Sensei would show me the form and then ask me to repeat it.I would try , but it was difficult to do. My legs would wobble from the pressure of trying to keep low and I would loose my balance and stumble. So at first it was very difficult to do, but more and more I could become to get it.
Learning the next form was a little easier then the first. This type of learning went on and on until I could do the entire routine by myself.
That was a mile stone I thought! I went from not being able to copy the movement well , until being able to complete the routine til the end .
Well I was not finished, I had just begun. The more I did the routine , the better the routine got to looking better and better. This is called polishing ones self. There is no seperation of Kata and self. You are the Kata.The more you try to make the Kata better, the better you become! The better the Kata the better you.

One of the most important things in learning Bujutsu is to try to make the Kata as perfect as you can, then you will have developed not only good Kata but through your  hard efforts you will develope a power to make anything perfect. And this ability can be applied to every aspect of your life. Your marriage, occupation, school, friends,hobbies, children, every thing is Kata.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the lesson Duke-sensei. Very enlightening.

    ReplyDelete