Online Marketing - OnToplist.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

 武士に二言は無し



Bushi Ni nigon WA nashi!





Bushi Ni nigon WA nashi! Translation: For a Warrior there are not two words!



Once a warrior gives his word or says something he is going to do, he keeps his word.

So many times I have been told by someone that they were going to do something for me or going to give me something etc., but they did not keep their promise. I dislike that kind of attitude. I remember one of the first cultural shocks that I received when I first returned to the USA. Someone told me that they were going to call me later that evening. So I waited in anticipation, but I never received a call from them. Wow! I thought something had terribly gone wrong. That would have never happened in Japan. If you tell someone you are going to do something for them or for yourself etc., no matter how big or small, you must keep your word! It is as simple as that. If not, do not open your mouth about it. Also, in Japan people would feel sorry that they belabored your considerations and your feelings. Or the pride that they have for themselves not to be seen as that type of person that lacks in consideration and is lazy.

Later own I ran into that person who told me they were going to call me. I said, “What happened, you were suppose to call me the other night, is every thing alright?” This person said, “Oh I know, but something came up and I forgot all about it. Sorry.” If the person knows now that they were suppose to call you and they did not. Then why didn’t they call when they did remember? I guess when they remembered they felt like, oh well he will know. I think that is a very lazy and inconsiderate way to behave.



So many times I surprise my customers with this considerate attitude, it really helps my relation with them which keeps business rolling in. If I tell them I’ll be there at 9:00a.m, I’ll be there on time. If I tell them I can not or do not want the job, they appreciate my honesty and they know where they stand. No surprises.

As for code, if a warrior drew his sword and did not use it, he was punished. Therefore, before he pulled it out of his sheath he had to think very clearly and carefully when deciding what to do. He knew the rules.

As a trained man you must make an effort to train your word. There should not be excuses because of this, and I know I was going to but, blah, blah, blah. That is second words. Bushi Ni nigon WA nashi!

No comments:

Post a Comment